ECOTRIC Warranty & Return Policy
Ecotric bike Return Policy
Ecotric Electric Bicycle Return Policy allows you to return or exchange your electric bicycle once within 30 days from the date of receive for a refund or exchange. Please consult the warranty terms for deeper information on when a return is applicable. Please note that we do not accept the return of the spare parts, if you insist on returning it back, you need to bear 50% restocking fee of original price.
Please request a Return and Exchange Authorization. (contact Support for a return label at email@example.com). Once the Return and Exchange Authorization is issued, we will email you a return label. You must print the return label and paste it on the carton when shipping back returned electric bike.
a. If the unit was purchased under a free-shipping promotion there will not be refund for shipping fees however, the customer will bear the 20% restocking fee of original price if the return is unrelated to quality, damages or wrong item but merely for a personal and discretional last-minute decision from the buyer.
b. If the return is accepted, Ecotric will issue a pre paid shipping slip to you by email. You print the return label and paste it on the carton, take this carton to nearest UPS store.(If you need the pick up service, please tell us and we will arrange a return label with the pick up fee for you, but you need to pay this pick up fee.)
The returned unit must be in like-new condition, include all original packaging , accessories and documentation, any missing components may be deducted from the total refund. Any shipping damage during the ship-back may incur in a deduction from the total refund.
Returned units are subject to a 20% of inspection and restocking fee from the original purchase price.
Refund will be issued in an average time frame of 2-3 weeks after we receive, inspect and process the returned unit.
To make a warranty claim always keep handy the vehicle model, date of purchase, vehicle serial number as well as the order number on our website.
Every ECOTRIC electric bicycle on our website comes with a 18 months warranty against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on its frame, battery, motor, controller, and display.
This warranty applies only to the original registered owner of the ECOTRIC bicycle and is not transferable.
This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, malfunctions, or failures due to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, damage or failure due to accident or other improper use, installation of third party components, parts, or accessories, or any products that have been modified from manufacturer’s specifications.The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
It is important that you register your new bicycle within 30 days after purchase in order to activate the warranty and provide a record of the serial number of your bike.
TO ACTIVATE YOUR NEW ECOTRIC ELECTRIC BICYCLE WARRANTY, PLEASE REGISTER YOUR BIKE HERE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WARRANTY
For your reference, please refer to below comprehensive warranty:
1. Frame – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for entire life. Paint finish is considered consumable and is not part of the warranty.
2. Display, Controller and Motor Assembly – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 18 months from purchase.
3. Original Batteries – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 18 months from the date of purchase as follows: full replacement during the first 12 months, while replacements needed during months 13-24 are prorated as per this schedule.
The battery is sealed and cannot be opened or fixed. The battery should not have a percentage of nominal charge retention of 60% or less. Misuse of the battery, negligence or attempt to open or repair it will void the warranty.
4. General: The bicycle is backed up by a 18 months main warranty, certain components listed on this chart or consumables may be subject to a different period of coverage or not included in this warranty.
5. Consumables: Components subject to wear are not covered by the warranty: Tires, inner tubes, brake lines, brake pads, basket, wheel lining tape, light bulbs, LEDS, fuses, etc.
Exclusions: The other parts are Normal wear parts which are excluded from this warranty.
If any parts happen to be damaged during shipping, please contact us immediately after shipment arrival. ECOTRIC will send a replacement part at our expense and will work with you to fix the issue.
Please note that for warranty issues,the customer is responsible for the cost of labor to install warrantied components, however, we will cover the Shipping costs of warranty parts.
If the warranty is void for any reason the customer shall bear any repair or replacement costs resulting from vehicle misuse, negligence or abuse.
Always follow care and preventive maintenance procedures.
Always keep receipts from any services performed to the vehicle by an authorized distributor or service center.
The warranty will be voided by any of the following circumstances:
- Failure to follow all directions or recommendations listed in the user manual.
- Cycling collision, accident or vehicle damage caused by careless parking
- Acts in violation of laws
- Never registered your ebike
- DIY repairs on electronics
- Abusive use the bicycle in off-road terrain, mud, snow, water, sand, gravel and water
- If the bicycle is used as rental unit
- Damages caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, flooding and other hazards .
- Rust and/or paint fading caused to heavy exposure to rain, hail, snow or direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Overloading beyond recommended capacity .
- Damages caused by nails, needles, broken glass , debris , sharp rocks or other foreign objects .
- If the bicycle is used but not limited to stunts, jumping from ramps, stairs or elevated ramps.
- If vehicle is used in competitions or racing.
- If vehicle has been modified for any purposes on the motor, electrical system, suspension frame, and battery.
- Use of other components not approved by the manufacturer.
- Damages resulted from improper care and handling.
Due to the nature of the product some components must be exclusive from the manufacturer such as but not limited to the battery, motor, main gauge cluster, controllers, Led headlights, brake drums or disc rotors and pads etc. Other components such as tires, tubes, saddle, racks, baskets may be used from market-ready or compatible products previous approval from the retailer or manufacturer.
For any questions about your warranty or to make any claims please contact ECOTRIC bikes at:
Address: Unit D/E, 7307 Edgewater Drive, Oakland,CA 94621